Popular Posts

Thursday 11 September 2014

|| I WANT TO BE A POET ||


|| I WANT TO BE A POET ||

I want to be a poet,
but I don't know the rhymes.
I thought for lasting hours,
the ink got dried at times.

I went to the jungle,
in hope of finding themes.
But ran back with heart in mouth,
seeing beasts beyond wildest dreams!!

I tried to portray the one,
whom I loved the most.
But only to discover later,
that "Love's Labour Literally Lost"!!

I ventured into dark night,
to ponder the music that seep.
Woke up the next morning,
after slipping into deep sleep.

I have been to the beach,
to get inspired from the ocean.
But tsunamis haunted my mind,
and now I take precaution.

I plagiarized a few odes,
to make way in a contest.
But could escape the poet's rage,
only after a year's protest.

I just now came to know,
this is not a science of rocket.
By the time one reads this,
I would have become a POET!!

© Copyright - Nimesh Shah

No comments:

Post a Comment